In my previous blog I talked about the new features in Outlook. One of the features is the ability to Insert a table Into an Outlook Email. Let’s see how we can do this?
- Click on “New Message”.
- Activate the Message tab.
- Click on Table
- Select the Rows/Columns that you need
- And then click on “Insert Table”
How many times have you gone to a website only to find out that there is a video that is playing on the background? It can definitely get quite annoying or embarrassing depending on where you are and how high the volume on your laptop is! Fortunately we have a way to tackle this problem.
In Google Chrome and most other browsers you can mute a site with the purpose of not hearing audio blaring out from your speakers.
How to Mute a Site?
- Open a website in Google Chrome.
- Right click on the website tab and you will get a set of options.
- Select Mute Site
This ensures that you won’t be hearing audio from that site anymore unless you “unmute “it.
Gmail is one of the most popular email application out there. One of the common email tasks apart from creating or replying to an email is forwarding an email. Forwarding an email is quite straightforward where you click on the forward Icon on the bottom of the email. But what if you have a chain of emails in the form of an email thread and you want to forward the entire conversation? Clicking on the forward button on the bottom will only forward the most recent email.
How do you forward an entire conversation?
The answer is to look at the top rather than the bottom. If you closely look at the top navigation, you would find a “More” Dropdown. See the screenshot below- I have added a red text “Here” in case you miss it 😉
The next thing you do is click on the “More” Dropdown
The Last Option says “Forward All” which helps you forward all the conversations in the email chain rather than a specific email.
Security is a hot topic these days among companies across the world. We are living at a time where the news of a security hack or a data breach is not uncommon. In the past year, Yahoo was in the news for it’s major security breach in 2013 where 3 billion accounts were compromised. Every single user who had an account at that time was supposed to have been affected with the security breach.
We as consumers should know whether our account is safe and free from data breaches. Fortunately there is a way where this can be checked. There is a website called “Have I been pwned?” that tells you whether your account has been compromised. All you have to do is go to this website https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and type in your email address.
Now almost every company is taking security very seriously with a demand of people with experience in Data/Network/Information Security because of recent Incidents in data/security breaches. Tesla, the premium company in the electric car market suffered a security breach last month where services that were hosted in their AWS Console were hacked since it was not password protected.
I had a hard time getting my TV Bluetooth enabled. Spent a week going through different articles and bluetooth adapters when I finally got it working today.
To begin with, if you are getting a bluetooth adapter make sure it is a good one! Since you might get a bluetooth adapter for a much lower price but then you might run Into Issues with pairing and setting it up.
The Steps below are the ones that I followed to get it working on my Samsung Smart TV. But these steps should work with any TV Irrespective of the brand or the configuration.
- Buy a Bluetooth Adapter, an adapter that claims to transmit audio from a TV to headphones and has a low latency. I bought this adapter from Best Buy, but it is available in any store and in Amazon too https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Universal-Headphone-Transmitter/dp/B016NIOOH2
- If you are planning to get your TV be linked to your headphones, then make sure you have decent pair of headphones. This is the one that I got https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-Memory-Protein/dp/B01NAJGGA2
- Then make sure that your adapter is charged, you can either connect it to the USB port of your TV or if you don’t have one, then you can charge it with your laptop as well.
- There is a two step Instruction on how to pair your headphones with the bluetooth adapter which is simple and easy to follow.
- Once your headphones are paired with the bluetooth adapter, the next step is connecting the adapter to the Audio output of your TV. Now, this can be different for different TV’s and this adapter comes with different cables to help with this situation. TV’s can come with headphone jacks or RCA Audio Out or Digital Audio Out. The Instruction Manual for the Adapter gives detailed steps for each use case.
- The last and final step is to change your speaker settings in the TV so that it transmits Audio from the Headphones rather than the Speakers from the TV.
Windows 10 has Improved the way notifications get displayed and stored. The notifications come in sliding from the right and can then later be seen in the Action Center. Notifications are a good way of staying on the top of things. Getting emails from Outlook or a message from Teams or Skype.
What if you were making a presentation and sharing your screen and you find emails or messages coming In? It would be quite embarrassing right? The best way would be to somehow disable those notifications before you start making the presentation. Windows 10 has a feature called Quite Hours that serves this purpose.
Enabling Quiet Hours disables the notifications coming In. This would save you from any kind of embarrassment that you may or may not have while making the presentation.
This is how you can enable Quiet Hours
- Click on the Action Center Icon located on the rightmost end.
- And then click on Quiet Hours. This would then turn the button blue Indicating that it has been enabled.
When you are done with the presentation and want to get the notifications back just click on the Quiet Hours button again. Once the blue disappears from the button you would know that Quiet Hours has been disabled.