The Handwriting Recognition Service detects handwritten text. It helps one digitize notes. All you would have to do is take a picture of the text and feed it to the Azure Service. The Application would then detect the words written.
I would encourage you all to try this service. It is free. Take an Image of your handwriting and upload it to this website
How many times have you gone to a website only to find out that there is a video that is playing on the background? It can definitely get quite annoying or embarrassing depending on where you are and how high the volume on your laptop is! Fortunately we have a way to tackle this problem.
In Google Chrome and most other browsers you can mute a site with the purpose of not hearing audio blaring out from your speakers.
How to Mute a Site?
- Open a website in Google Chrome.
- Right click on the website tab and you will get a set of options.
- Select Mute Site
This ensures that you won’t be hearing audio from that site anymore unless you “unmute “it.
Gmail is one of the most popular email application out there. One of the common email tasks apart from creating or replying to an email is forwarding an email. Forwarding an email is quite straightforward where you click on the forward Icon on the bottom of the email. But what if you have a chain of emails in the form of an email thread and you want to forward the entire conversation? Clicking on the forward button on the bottom will only forward the most recent email.
How do you forward an entire conversation?
The answer is to look at the top rather than the bottom. If you closely look at the top navigation, you would find a “More” Dropdown. See the screenshot below- I have added a red text “Here” in case you miss it 😉
The next thing you do is click on the “More” Dropdown
The Last Option says “Forward All” which helps you forward all the conversations in the email chain rather than a specific email.
Office 365 Video is an application that is part of the Office 365 suite where users can upload and view videos. By Default only owners of the video can download videos. If you want the viewers to download videos, you would have to follow these steps-
- Click on the channel where the videos are uploaded.
- On the top click on Channel Settings.
- Select the “Permissions” Option on the left navigation.
- On the bottom make sure you choose the option “Owners,Editors,Viewers” from the dropdown.
Now, your viewers should be able to download videos from the channel. 🙂
I had a hard time getting my TV Bluetooth enabled. Spent a week going through different articles and bluetooth adapters when I finally got it working today.
To begin with, if you are getting a bluetooth adapter make sure it is a good one! Since you might get a bluetooth adapter for a much lower price but then you might run Into Issues with pairing and setting it up.
The Steps below are the ones that I followed to get it working on my Samsung Smart TV. But these steps should work with any TV Irrespective of the brand or the configuration.
- Buy a Bluetooth Adapter, an adapter that claims to transmit audio from a TV to headphones and has a low latency. I bought this adapter from Best Buy, but it is available in any store and in Amazon too https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Universal-Headphone-Transmitter/dp/B016NIOOH2
- If you are planning to get your TV be linked to your headphones, then make sure you have decent pair of headphones. This is the one that I got https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-Memory-Protein/dp/B01NAJGGA2
- Then make sure that your adapter is charged, you can either connect it to the USB port of your TV or if you don’t have one, then you can charge it with your laptop as well.
- There is a two step Instruction on how to pair your headphones with the bluetooth adapter which is simple and easy to follow.
- Once your headphones are paired with the bluetooth adapter, the next step is connecting the adapter to the Audio output of your TV. Now, this can be different for different TV’s and this adapter comes with different cables to help with this situation. TV’s can come with headphone jacks or RCA Audio Out or Digital Audio Out. The Instruction Manual for the Adapter gives detailed steps for each use case.
- The last and final step is to change your speaker settings in the TV so that it transmits Audio from the Headphones rather than the Speakers from the TV.