I had a hard time getting my TV Bluetooth enabled. Spent a week going through different articles and bluetooth adapters when I finally got it working today.
To begin with, if you are getting a bluetooth adapter make sure it is a good one! Since you might get a bluetooth adapter for a much lower price but then you might run Into Issues with pairing and setting it up.
The Steps below are the ones that I followed to get it working on my Samsung Smart TV. But these steps should work with any TV Irrespective of the brand or the configuration.
- Buy a Bluetooth Adapter, an adapter that claims to transmit audio from a TV to headphones and has a low latency. I bought this adapter from Best Buy, but it is available in any store and in Amazon too https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Universal-Headphone-Transmitter/dp/B016NIOOH2
- If you are planning to get your TV be linked to your headphones, then make sure you have decent pair of headphones. This is the one that I got https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-Memory-Protein/dp/B01NAJGGA2
- Then make sure that your adapter is charged, you can either connect it to the USB port of your TV or if you don’t have one, then you can charge it with your laptop as well.
- There is a two step Instruction on how to pair your headphones with the bluetooth adapter which is simple and easy to follow.
- Once your headphones are paired with the bluetooth adapter, the next step is connecting the adapter to the Audio output of your TV. Now, this can be different for different TV’s and this adapter comes with different cables to help with this situation. TV’s can come with headphone jacks or RCA Audio Out or Digital Audio Out. The Instruction Manual for the Adapter gives detailed steps for each use case.
- The last and final step is to change your speaker settings in the TV so that it transmits Audio from the Headphones rather than the Speakers from the TV.