Windows Authentication is a secure form of Authentication since the credentials are hashed before they are sent across the network. IIS is a web server which is Installed in the Windows Server Operating System. In Order to configure or Enable Windows Authentication for an IIS Server, one must follow these steps-
- On Start, search for “Administrative Tools” and click it.
- Then click on IIS Manager .
- Expand the “Sites” Column and select the site which you would like to configure.
- In the Features View, click on Authentication under the IIS Section.
- Select Windows Authentication.
- Do a Right Click and select Enable.
Now Windows Authentication is enabled for that particular site. By default Windows Authentication uses the Kerberos Protocol.