Anonymous Authentication allows any user to view public content without logging in their credentials. If there is a need to allow users to view content based on supplying their credentials, one could apply a Basic or Digest Authentication. In order to enable Anonymous Authentication in an IIS Server, follow these steps-
- On Start, search for Administrative Tools and click it.
- Then click on IIS Manager.
- Select a site which you want to apply this authentication by expanding the Sites Tab.
- On the Features View Tab, select Authentication.
- Right click and Enable Anonymous Authentication.
Now Anonymous Authentication would be enabled for the site which you had specified.