Skype for Business is used by organizations as a means for communication. Management operations can be performed on the Skype for Business Admin Center. Sometimes you might need to perform bulk operations at a time. In that case one would have to use Power Shell in order to connect to Skype for Business Online and accomplish the tasks.
- Download and Install the Skype for Business Online, Windows PowerShell Module.
- Click the Start Button and Search for Windows Power Shell.
- Do a right click and select “Run as Administrator”
- Run this command set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted
- Then type this cmdlet $credential= Get-Credential
- A Windows PowerShell Credential box would pop up. Type in your credentials.
- Then run $session= New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $credential
- Import-PSSession $session
- Then run Get-Module. If you see a table with 3 columns- ModuleType, Name and Exported Commands then the Skype for Business cmdlets are ready for use.
- After achieving the objectives, one would have to close the Power Shell session. In order to do that, run this cmdlet Remove-PSSession $session . One must note that simply closing the Power Shell window would not terminate the Power Shell Session.