Exchange Online is part of the Office 365 Suite. The Exchange Online Management Center is used to manage and maintain the Exchange online mailboxes. Power Shell can also be used to accomplish these tasks. In order to connect to Exchange Online using Windows Power Shell, one would have to follow these steps-
- Run Windows Power Shell as an Administrator.
- Run this cmdlet Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
- $UserCredential= Get-Credential
- A Windows PowerShell dialog box would pop up, type in your Office 365 Credentials.
- Then run this cmdlet $Session= New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
- Import-PSSession $Session
- Once you have completed your work, you can close the session by Remove-PSSession $Session