While working with Images in a website, there might always be a need to have transparent Images. Since most of the Images have a white background and if that Image used in a background which is not white, it would appear out of place. So the solution is to remove the white background. Photoshop has a way to do this.
A key point to note is that a white background cannot be removed for jpg images. It can only be removed for png and gif file types. So in order to remove the background one would have to follow these steps-
- Open the Image in Adobe Photoshop.
- Double click the Layers tab on the bottom right hand corner.
- Click “Ok” on the dialog box that appears.
- From the toolbox, pick the “Magic Wand Tool”. When used over a color, it removes it wherever it appears on the Image.
- On the Image use the Magic Wand tool to click on the white background.
- Save the file as .gif
Now you should see that the Image has become transparent and it does not have the white background anymore 🙂 .