We normally add videos to a page in order to attract user attention. It makes it an engaging experience. It is not too difficult to add videos in SharePoint.
On the SharePoint site goto Site contents and then follow these steps-
1. Goto Site Pages
2. Add a new page
3. A new page will be created. If the page is not in edit mode then click edit on the top right hand corner.
4. Once the page is in edit mode, click on the Insert tab.
5. Click on the embed code in the ribbon.
6. To get the code to be embedded, goto a video sharing site like YouTube and click on the share button.
7. Then click on the embed tab and copy the code.
8. Paste the code on the window which pops up after Step 6.
9. And click on Insert.
10.Click on Save
And now the video has been successfully embedded.