SharePoint is a great collaboration tool in an organization. One can share files between different people and you can make announcements to generate awareness regarding an event.
In SharePoint apart from the main website you can have other website hosted as well. These websites are said to be hosted in a different site collection. The data in SharePoint are normally stored in the form of lists. And it is possible to copy a list from one site collection to another.
One has to do the following-
1. Goto the List of of interest .
2. Click on List settings.
3. Click on Save as a template.
4. Goto the Form gallery.
5. Click on the newly created template.
6. And Download it.
7. Goto the 2nd site collection.
8. Goto the Form Gallery.
9. Click on upload a document.
10. Browse the folders and upload the template.
11. Goto Site Contents
12. Click on Add an App
13. Select the newly created template
Now you have successfully copied a list from one site collection to another 🙂