Setting up Environment variable is one of the common tasks that the users or adminstrators of the Windows system do. Many developers must have also set Environment variables many times since it is part of their work 😀 . Just Kidding, software developers using Java normally have to setup Environment variables to the JDK (Java Development Kit) in case the Operating System does not detect it automatically.
In order to set the Environment variables follow these steps-
- Press the key + Break.
- On the Panel in the left, select Advanced System Settings
- A dialog box would open up, click on the Advanced tab.
- Then on the bottom, click Environment Variables.
- Select New
- Type the Name of the Variable
- And paste the Path of the location of the folder
- Hit Ok
And that’s it you have successfully setup the Environment Variables for a software.4