Bootable drives are quite a convenient way to Install or repair an Operating System in a Computer. There are many third party applications out there which help you create a Bootable drive. But why go for that if Microsoft has it’s own version of creating one. You could easily create a Bootable drive for Windows 10.
Here are the steps which you could follow.
Steps for creating a Bootable USB Drive
- Ensure that you have a USB Drive which is empty and has atleast 8GB of free space.
- Goto this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
- Scroll down and click on Download Tool now.
This would automatically download Microsoft Windows 10 from the server and configure the USB Drive. Once your USB Drive is ready follow these steps-
Steps for loading the USB Drive
- Ensure that your USB Drive is plugged on to your laptop.
- Press the power button on your computer.
- As it turns ON immediately hit on the Esc key.
- This should fire up the boot menu.
- Select the Bootable device from the list.
Bootable Drive is a quick and convenient way to diagnose or Install an Operating System.