The latest version of Microsoft Outlook released about 6 months ago. There have been Issues in configuring Yahoo mail with Outlook. Many users have been facing this problem. Fortunately there is a solution to this Issue. And the key here is to use IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) instead of the POP3 (Post Office Protocol) protocol. The POP3 can only be used In case you are using the premium version of Yahoo. And someone suggested that you could go for a premium version in case you want to give some donations to yahoo. But jokes apart, we can configure quite easily using the IMAP protocol.
- Open MS Outlook 2016 and click on File and then goto Add Account.
- Click the Radio Box which says “Manual setup or additional server types” and then click on Next.
- Now you will be presented with two options. Click the 2nd Option which says “POP or IMAP”.
- In the POP and IMAP Settings Page, Fill in the User Information and the Server Type Information which I have specified below-
5. Now click on More Settings and then click on the Advanced tab. Then fill in the Information specified below-
6. Then goto the Outgoing Server tab and check mark “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and use same settings as my Incoming mail server.
7. Click Ok and then Click Next
And that’s it you have configured your Yahoo Account!!